Julia Roberts Almost Didn't Play the Evil Queen in 'Mirror Mirror'

"Extra's" Jerry Penacoli sat down with Julia Roberts to talk about her upcoming role as the Evil Queen in the Snow White adaptation "Mirror Mirror" -- and how she almost turned it down!

julia-roberts.jpg

"I was like, this is a terrible idea," admitted Roberts. "I was against it a thousand percent." But her mind was changed when she met director Tarsem Singh, who recently helmed "Immortals." Julia explained, "I'm such a fan of Tarsem and fell so under his spell! It was pretty fun."

The Oscar-winning actress also felt bad for being so "awful" to her co-star Lily Collins, who plays Snow White. "I was terrible," said Roberts, who joked, "I think I might've slapped her once for no reason! Just because she's pretty!"

Will Julia take her kids -- twins Hazel and Finn, 7, and Henry, 4 -- to see the film? "They're too little for it and I think it would be disturbing."

"Mirror Mirror" casts its spell in theaters March 16, 2012.


Comments