Julia Roberts: How I fell for Adele

And the Hollywood star has said she would stand shoulder pad to shoulder pad with Adele if the Brit singer's next boyfriend treats her badly.

Julia has been raving about the Grammy nominee after discovering her latest album and she has issued a warning to all future boyfriends.

She said: "Anybody that's going to date her is a brave man. You're going to get a whole lot of love, but you'd better treat her right, or we're all coming after you."

Julia became a fan after being given a copy of 21 by her hairdresser and she's far from the only one to be blown away by the North Londoner.

Yesterday Adele became the first woman ever to win three of Billboard's top end-of-year honours. The American music bible confirmed her as 2011's top artist, 21 was top album and top single was Rolling In The Deep.

Julia explained why Adele has been such a success. She said: "Adele's music is so personal that you get invested in her life.

"When Adele had her health scare, I had random people saying to me, 'Oh my God, did you hear about Adele?'

Sitting Pretty ... Adele has no plans to record an album for a couple of years

Sitting Pretty ... Adele has no plans to record an album for a couple of years

"We feel like Adele's in our book club or she lives in our neighbourhood that's a gift, to make people feel that way."

Hopefully she likes the album enough to listen to it on repeat for a few years because the singer has no plans to release any new music for a while.

In an interview yesterday, 23-year-old Adele said: "I imagine I'll be 25 or 26 by the time my next record comes out, as I haven't even thought about my third record yet.

"I'm just going to lay some concrete, set up home and just 'be' for a bit. I'll disappear and come back with a record when it's good enough."

Fans will be pleased to hear that she'll be back! on the mic again soon though.

Speaking about a recent operation on her vocal cords, Adele said: "The surgery couldn't have gone better.

"But because I was singing with damaged vocal cords for three or four months, I now have to build myself back up.

"It's going to be a lot easier for me to sing now and mentally I won't be worried about my voice on stage any more. So I have to get used to that.

"That'll take most of January, so February I'll be singing."

So there's some good news for Julia's gossipy pals.

I just hope Adele doesn't do an interview anytime soon saying Julia's performance in Ocean's Twelve was a pile of dung.


Comments