How Baking Soda Fits Into Julia Roberts's Beauty Routine

Stylewatch Style News Now

08/16/2012 at 05:00 PM ET

Vanessa LacheyJackson Lee/Splash News Online

Julia Roberts received one of her best beauty tips ever from her grandfather.

I brush [my teeth] with baking soda, she tells InStyle in the magazines September issue. [My grandfather] would put a big heaping mound of it on his toothbrush. He had only one cavity in his entire life.

Because the actress is so loved for that big, sparkling smile, shes sure to take care of it. Sometimes thats all I do as far as a regimen goes, the busy mom says of tooth brushing. Look, Im happy if I have on moisturizer and ChapStick! When youre dressing three people besides yourself, something has to fall away. Ive learned to always have a big pair of dark sunglasses within arms reach before going out.

When she does have time to primp, Roberts relies on a tip from the late makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin: Mascara, mascara, mascara! she recalls, naming Lancmes Hypnose as a favorite. It just makes you look like youve had a good nap.

Would she ever rely on Botox or plastic surgery for the same effect? Probably not. Im pro whatever works for you, she says of such procedures. For me, at this point, Im clinging to my good genes and lots of hugs and kisses from my husband. Hear more from Roberts in the September issue of InStyle, on newsstands Friday. Tell us: Whats the best beauty tip youve ever received?

Jennifer LopezCourtesy InStyle

Kate Hogan

SHOP THE BEAUTY PRODUCTS OUR EDITORS LOVE


Comments