Julia Roberts: "I like to scare my kids"

We have to admit weve always thought that Julia Roberts, one of our favourite actresses, would be quite a stern mother. After all, weve seen her playing a prostitute, ruthless single mum on a mission and the ex-wife of a mob boss. However, it turns out that the star spends most of the time scaring her children.

Thats right, the Eat Pray Love star confessed on The Ellen Degeneres Show that she loves to hide from her kids, then jump out screaming at the opportune moment. Julia told Ellen,

"If I hear them coming and they don't know where I am in the house, I crouch down in their private space and [when] they come in, I jump out...Really, little people can just catch air. They just vault." Aww.

That kind of makes us love her a little bit more. The 44 year old, who is mother to 7-year-old twins Hazel and Phinneaus and 4-year-old Henry, says that she loves scaring the kids so much shes had to tone down the pranks. She went on to say,

."I realised I was getting too much joy from it, so I've had to tone it down. It's so wrong. It's like child abuse." It looks as though Julias the one who needs to take 5 on the naughty step.

Ellen gave the actress a taste of her own medicine before the stars appearance, by hiding in her bathroom and making her jump. Oh these celebrities today, its all work work work.

We think the only people that need to be scared are her children's potential future boyfriends/girlfriends. After hearing Adele's album, the actress said she'd beat up the next guy to break the singer's heart. Be warned kids, Julia means business.


Comments